Mr. Elliott has worked on
more than 160 projects in 21 states and 5 countries. The types of projects that
he has been involved with include: automotive, metals, manufacturing, chemicals,
petroleum, clean rooms, schools and universities, environmental,
demilitarization, power, transportation, hospitals, offices and hotels. The
value of these projects has ranged from $30,000 to $6 billion.
VP Project Delay & Cost Analysis
Cleveland, Ohio 1998 - Present
Mr. Elliott assists our partners in the planning, organizing, controlling
and implementation of their project management processes and resolving
disputes and claims. He has provided expert reports and analyses, expert
testimony, and participated in negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, and
litigation as an advocate and advising clients on their strengths and
weaknesses, and how best to proceed towards a satisfactory resolution.
Mr. Elliott provides project management oversight in an effort to improve
the management processes being used and to reduce the risk of disputes. This
includes reviews of contractual requirements, documents, and field
status. Additionally, he has been retained to provide neutral services for
facilitation of issues and project scheduling. Neutral services are being
provided in an effort to keep projects moving forward in a less
confrontational environment and to also reduce the possibility of claims or
Clients have included contractors, subcontractors, attorneys, local
governments and authorities (such as a county water district), school
districts, hospitals, and other owners.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Delay and claims analysis (both assertive and
defensive) from preparation through negotiations, mediation, arbitration
- Neutral facilitation processes
- Project management consulting/owner’s
representation services to provide claim avoidance processes.
- Overseeing preparation of claim exhibits such as
Critical Path Method (CPM) schedules, spreadsheets, charts, etc.
- Learning workshops, seminars, and training.
Morrison Knudsen Corporation Cleveland, Ohio
Senior Project Controls Engineer 1988 - 1998
In-house consultant for project planning and scheduling.
- Sent to field locations encountering problems
with project controls requirements.
Coordinator of planning for the Eastern Region Environmental and
- Organized project controls resources to support
environmental cleanup projects in the U.S. for the Navy South Div
Program. Liaison with the Navy South Div Program Management office and
collected progress data from offices/sites. Provided pre-project
planning for Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Stabilization Project.
- Provided planning and tracking services for
demilitarization projects in Ukraine.
- Project Controls for MK’s portion of the
Westinghouse AP600 Advanced Light Water Reactor Project.
- Supervisor of Project Planning to the MK/Dupont
partnership Sigma Group.
- Responsible for employee selection and
appraisals, task assignments, training and mentoring.
- Supervised the engineering drawing control system
- development of the program and procedures used.
- Provided planning, scheduling, financial analysis
and systems support on a variety of projects and proposals for Sigma
Cleveland State University Cleveland, Ohio
Research Assistant 1985 - 1988
Provided qualitative and statistical analysis of survey data for the Northeast
Ohio Center for the Advancement of Labor/Management Cooperation. Assisted with
questionnaire design, report writing, and case studies. Published and edited
articles in the NOCALMC Newsletter.
Gilbane Building Company Pontiac, Michigan
Senior Scheduling Engineer 1984 - 1985
- Responsible for project scheduling and coordination
on a $400 million plant modernization for General Motors and two other
smaller projects for GM.
- Provided cash flow curves, staffing plans, trend
analyses, ran weekly status meetings with the client, and assisted in
monthly report writing.
- Helped develop use of personal computer technology
for project management functions in field locations.
- Beta tested Primavera Project Planner.
- Participated in employee selection, training and
Davy McKee Corporation Cleveland, Ohio
Project Planner and Scheduler 1980 - 1984
- Duties included engineering, procurement, and
construction (EPC) project planning and monitoring.
- Worked on a variety of projects (all over $100
million) including a one-year assignment to a petrochemical plant in
Sumatra, Indonesia. The Indonesia project was worth $6 billion.
Other projects included a methanol refinery, a petrochemical plant energy
retrofit, an iron ore pelletizer plant in Chile, and an aluminum mill
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio
Graduate courses in Consumer/Industrial Research Psychology
- Construction Law: Contracts to Claims
- Strategic Project Management
- Project Management Certificate Program - Dr. H.
- Project Management Institute Seminar/Symposium
- John S. Childers Continuous Improvement Seminar
- Principles of Management
American Bar Association – Associate Member
2008 - Present
Project Management Institute (PMI)
1992 - Present
Master Builders Association of Western Pennsylvania
1999 - 2007
International Project Management Association
1995 - 1998