- JONATHAN SUKONIK
- Jon Sukonik is a partner in The Sukonik Building Companies, LTD.
- The Sukonik Family started in the new home building business in 1957 when Harold Sukonik joined the Casper family to start Sukonik & Casper.
- Jon’s career began in 1979 with summer labor work as a teenager. Working with all of the trades and crafting his knowledge and skills of the residential construction industry thru hands on experience.
- Since forming The Sukonik Building Companies with his brother Neil in 1989, they have carefully crafted nearly 1000 homes primarily in western Montgomery County.
- Jon graduated from The University of Arizona’s Eller School of Management with a BS in Real Estate in 1985.
- A member of the first class of NAHB’s Certified Green Builder designation in 2008.
INDUSTRY RELATED ACHIEVEMENTS
- HBA Bucks / Montgomery Counties
- Board of Director 1992 - 2014
- President (2013)
- Life Director status (2015)
- 2-time PILLAR Award Winner (2006, 2015)
- Pennsylvania Builders Association (PBA)
- Board of Director 2012 - present
- Chair of the UCC Committee 2015 - present
- Chair of Construction Liability Committee 2013 - present
- Governmental Affairs Committee member 2012 - present
- Regional Vice President for South East PA 2015 – 2017
- PBA Secretary 2018
- 2016 Hammers and Gavels Award
- 2016 Builder of the Year
- Pennsylvania Housing Research Center (PHRC)
- Industry Advisory Council 2014 - present
- Steering Committee for Land Development and Housing Conference 2015 - present
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Board Member 2013 - present
- Construction Liability Committee 2015 - present
- Building Codes & Standards Subcommittee 2015 - present
- Construction Codes and Standards Committee. 2016 - present
- Stucco Working Group – a Task Force started in 2016 by NAHB as a multi-directional approach to moisture infiltration solutions past to future including Building Science/Codes & Standards, Education/Training and Legal/Insurance groups
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Residential Contractor Seat for New Construction on PA Uniform Construction Code - Review Advisory Council; Appointed by Governor Wolf 2017
- International Code Council (ICC)
- Code Development Committee – 2021 Code Cycle for Residential Building
- Engineered Wood Association (APA)
- Worked with the APA on the design of a modified Advanced Framing Technique he uses in constructing homes with HERS ratings of approximately 50.
- Featured in APA video on Advanced Framing