- Carl Harris, President of Carl Harris Co., Inc.
worked his way through college in the construction field.
- Graduating from Wichita State University with a
Bachelors in Business Administration.
- He started the Carl Harris Co., a specialty
contracting firm involved in structural steel and precast concrete erection,
- with family members in 1985.
His company has worked as a general
contractor, sub-contractor, construction manager and consultant.
- Extensive experience working with municipal and
industry standards, and their application to customers' expectations.
- ADR Specialist - Construction Dispute Resolution
Services, Inc. (5/2010 - present)
- Grievance and Ethics Review Committee Wichita Area
Builders Association (1/2002 - present)
- Newton/North Newton Planning and Zoning Commission
('.03-'09 and '11 - present)
- Newton/North Newton Codes Standards and Appeals (2012
- Newton Public Building Commission (2005 - present)
- Certified qualifications in Quality Construction and
- Certifed Field Auditor (CFA) Precast/Prestressed
- Certified Company Auditor (CCA) Precast/Prestressed
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI) American Welding
- OSHA Authorized Trainer, OSHA Training Center -
Metropolitan Community College Kansas City, MO
- Construction Industry Involvement
- Extensive involvement and leadership in various
- Wichita Area Builders Association (WABA) Member since
'88 (Chairman '02, Various Committees and Offices)
- Kansas Building and Industry Association (KBIA)
Member since '88 (President '13)
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Member
since '88 (Area VP '13 and '14, State Rep '05- '12)
- Associated General Contractors Member since '85
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute (PCI) Member
since '98 (Chair Erectors Comm '10 - present & Erector Cert '13 - present)