This section of the CDRS website has been constructed to provide compliance with
the Maryland Commercial Law section 14-3903 and the California Code of Civil Procedures section 1281.96
or New Jersey State law that requires any private arbitration company that administers or is otherwise
involved in, a consumer arbitration, including Arbitrators, Attorneys and Arbitrator Providers who
conduct or participate in consumer arbitrations to publish specified information related to the
CDRS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT AND ACCURACY OF THE
INORMATION PROVIDED BELOW AS THE CALIFORNIA CCCP, MARYLAND CODES OR NEW JERSEY STATE LAW MAY BE
CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME BY THE STATES INVOLVED AND SOME OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS THE
INTERPRETATION OF THE REQUIREMENTS BY CDRS. PLEASE REFER TO THE ACTUAL STATE STATUTES RELATED TO
THE REQUIREMENT OF ARBITRATORS, ATTORNEYS AND ARBITRATION PROVIDERS WHO CONDUCT OR PARTICIPATE IN THE
CDRS WEBSITE STATE ARBITRATION CASE INFORMATION
- (Case No.) Case Number assigned by CDRS.
- (Non-Consumer Party) The name of any corporation or other
business entity that is party to the arbitration and if the arbitration was requested by the Consumer
or Non-Consumer party. C – Consumer Party initiated arbitration, NC –
Non-consumer party initiated arbitration.
- (Nature of Dispute) Whether the dispute involved goods,
services, real property or credit. G – Goods, S – Services, R –
Real Property, C – Credit, O - Other
- (Type of Dispute) The type of dispute involvedGC-General
Construction, HW-Home Warranty, HI-Home Inspection, C-Contract, IN-Insurance, O-Other
- (Prevailing Party) Who was the prevailing party.
C-Consumer, NC – Non Consumer, B – Both Parties prevailed to some extent
- (# Previous CDRS Cases) The number of occasions a business
entity, which is party to an arbitration, has previously been a party in an arbitration
administered by the arbitration organization.
- (Consumer Attorney) Whether the consumer was represented by
an attorney and if so, enter the name of the attorney.
- (Attorney Firm Name) Name of firm of consumer
- (Date Case Commenced) The date CDRS received the demand for
- (Date Arbitrator Appointed) The date the arbitrator was
- (Date Case Ended) The date of the disposition of the Case by
- (Disposition Type) The type of disposition of the
dispute. W-Withdrawal, A-Abandonment, S-Settlement, AH-Award after hearing, AW-Award
without hearing, D-Default, DI-Dismissal without hearing.
- (Claim Amount) Amount of Claim – Note
that may cases do not result in a monetary award such as home warranty cases determining coverage.
- (Award Amount) Amount of Award. N/A –
- (Arbitrator Name) The name of the arbitrator.
- (Arbitration Fee) Total fee paid for
- (% Fee Paid by Parties) The percentage of the arbitration fee
allocated to each party. C% - Consumer %, NC – Non Consumer %
- (Arbitration Hearing Location) The address where the where
the arbitration was conducted.